- Not satisfied? Money back guarantee!
- Ordered before 13:00, delivered tomorrow
- Quality assured trough certifications
- Our customers rate us 9.2/10!
Dutch pea soup recipe
Recipe for a traditional Dutch pea soup, made from split peas. The traditional Dutch dish that is served in winter is a very thick soup that is often eaten with a smoked sausage.
Preparation time: 3 hours
Quantity: for 6 to 8 people.
Ingredients Dutch pea soup:
- 500 grams split peas
- 400 grams pea soup vegetables
- 700 grams pork knuckle bone or 600 grams shoulder chops
- 1 smoked sausage
- 100 grams smoked bacon
- hydrolysed vegetable protein powder
- 10 grams pea soup herbs and spices
- Rinse the split peas well with normal water
- Add the split peas, gammon/pork chops in a pan with water. Boil and foam the soup.
- After a few minutes drain the water pan and fill the pan with more than 2 litres of water and again boil and add the pea soup vegetables.
- As it cooks leave it boiling at a low heat stove
- Cut the bacon into cubes and add it to the soup
- Flavor by adding pea soup herbs and spices, salt and hydrolysed vegetable protein powder.
- Cook the smoked sausage in the soup for the last 15 minutes.
- Remove the smoked sausage from the pea soup and cut the sausage into slices.
- Add the sliced smoked sausage back to the soup.
- Allow the pea soup top cool.
- The next day you can warm the pea soup gently by stirring regularly (If the pea soup is too thick add a little water)
Tip: Serve the pea soup with bacon on rye bread.
Prices industry & wholesale
For industrial companies / wholesalers we have a special priced section, minimum order amount EUR 1.000.
- Buy your raw materials direct from the producer
- Developed and produced by Natural Spices
- Always guaranteed to get the best quality and price
- No shipping costs for all your orders