- Not satisfied? Money back guarantee!
- Ordered before 13:00, delivered tomorrow
- Quality assured trough certifications
- Our customers rate us 9.2/10!
Zeelandic bacon recipe
Zeelandic bacon (Zeeuws spek) is a traditional Dutch bacon, originally a specialty from the province of Zeeland. Modern Zeelandic bacon is marinated, and then grilled, broiled, or smoked. Modern Zeelandic bacon has a distinctive flavor that is usually characterized as barbecue flavor.
Ingredients Zeelandic bacon
- 1000 grams Deboned belly (fat) without rind (Rind is the hard outer layer adhering to the fat of a pig)
- 20 gram marinade spice mix
- 50 gram ketjap manis sauce
- 5 gram (nitrite) salt*
* When using nitrite salt instead of cooking salt, improves the shelf life of ‘’Zeeuws Spek’’.
- Mix the marinade spice mix, ketjap manis sauce and salt together into a marinade and rubbing firmly both sides of the meat with it.
- Leave the bacon for about 40 hours in the fridge with this mixture. Tip: You vacuum the marinated meat or can wrap it well in plastic foil so that the marinade will gets even better in the meat.
- Then broil the Zeelandic bacon at a teperature of 125°C until the core temperature is 68°C. You can also first vacuum the Zeelandic bacon and cook it at about 70°C and then broil it in the oven. The main advantage of this is that you have a shorter broil time.
Prices industry & wholesale
For industrial companies / wholesalers we have a special priced section, minimum order amount EUR 1.000.
- Buy your raw materials direct from the producer
- Developed and produced by Natural Spices
- Always guaranteed to get the best quality and price
- No shipping costs for all your orders